Friday 4 October 2013

Apple Success Story: Beginning Have No Money

Steve Wozniak talked a lot about his life story. Co-founder of Apple, it teaches us that great success can be achieved by anyone from any ideas and strong motivation.

"When I initiated Apple with Steve Jobs, we had no money at all. We just had an idea and a strong motivation. Motivation is what lies within us, more valuable than money," said Woz, greeting familiar, while sharing the story success of Apple in Balai Kartini, Jakarta.

The idea and motivation that was poured in the form of creative product innovation that is useful for many people, and have more added value so that people are willing to spend money to buy it.

"Apple has listed the history, building a computer that is easy to use, intuitive, without the need to learn to use it. People are more important than technology. You have to hide the microprocessor so as not to look. Get rid of anything that prevents a normal life."

Armed with the skills they mastered while working for another company - Wozniak at Hewlett-Packard and Jobs at Atari - they both agreed founded Apple in 1976. "Let us make the company," recalls Wozniak Steve Jobs imitation invitation to him at that time.

"Before the start of Apple, Steve Jobs and I had been friends for over five years. We split the money-fifthy fifthy. He was working for Atari, and he found a way to sell. We started the partnership. We started from the garage, where we live."

Wozniak whiz in technical matters, and Jobs is okay in the recognition of marketing a product. "There are people who are not expert in the field of technology, but these people have big dreams. Meanwhile, I always wanted was a super programmer. People are usually reluctant to conflict with the technology to others."

Who would have thought, they pioneered the company from a garage 36 years ago, has now become one of the world's leading technology companies. Mac computers, iPod music players, cell phones iPhone and iPad tablet, is an example of the success of Apple products.

"Do not hijack someone else's idea. I do not have money, then I have to think hard. I kept asking myself, what people need. I have to create something that has not been made ​​by others. Soon get the answer, we were slow-slow step. Do one at best, "said Woz.

Dreams Become Engineers

Woz admitted lucky to have parents who understood him. His father was a bloody Poland, also an engineer like him. "I am very interested in science fiction. I knew I would become an engineer at the age of 10 years," recalls Woz is known as a veteran engineer of the Sillicon Valley.

"I am a small person of shy, afraid to talk to other people. Not had a boyfriend at the time, so I had plenty of time to ponder each home. My head filled with ideas," said the man who designed the online hotel booking for the first time then.

Good ideas often found them in unexpected moments. "I lie awake at night. Reading emails and sometimes tamper with the computer. Between waking and sleeping I often think about technology products. I never used drugs. I also do not think the ideas are always coming in at odd moments, "he said.

Wozniak went back to commemorate the forerunner of which he founded Apple with Steve Jobs. They both did meet in a bevy of computer clubs whose members include technology geeks where one of them is Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.

"When Bill Gates came with the computer language BASIC, I never tried it. But then I learned at Hewlett-Packard and Apple to create an embryo. Then Steve Jobs came up to me. 'Oh my God, let us make the company'. So I (Apple employee ) number one and number two Steve Jobs, "recalls Wozniak.

Although it has been very successful, Woz claimed never shut down. He was always passionate about every talked about technology and always open to anyone. He claimed to always read the incoming email and even phone calls he had never delegated to his secretary.

"My philosophy is what makes life so simple. People will tend to hide the big questions, and answers, the truth is the culmination of all goodness. Truth for me is to tell everyone about me, what I do. Internet has brought us to this level. I have no fear of openness. "

Spirit of openness also makes love to the open source programming. "Open source is controlled young people, like my first. With open source, we can see the contents of the program. We can get ideas by seeing what other people did. We could start with things that are simple and economical. That usually innovation that began, "said Woz.

Jobs Try Firing CEO

Apple's huge success in the market today, also had experienced ups and downs. He came out of Apple and Steve Jobs was forced to leave the company. He said it was normal in a profit-oriented business organizations. But the return of Steve Jobs, the company was again shot up to date.

"I do not get bored with Apple at the time. I left Apple because I had the idea to build a universal remote control. I also developed a chip as a replacement hard drive with solid state disc. I love developing new items. I also had amnesia after a plane crash . Then, I also go back to college at UC Berkeley to catch up, "Woz reveals the reason.

"While Jobs, he has a bad reputation at a certain point. He was dismissed from his role after trying to dismiss our CEO. He was dismissed from his authority, but not out of Apple. He felt constrained to do the things he loves. Trying to build a great computer for world. Apple products actually defines the work Steve. Almost all Apple products are a representation of Steve Jobs, "he continued.

"Now that Steve Jobs has left us. How I miss him very much. I hope he is here, accompanied me to share knowledge and passion about technology. I do not think there is a technology leader like him," recalls Woz with teary eyes.

Provision of a valuable life experience, Wozniak did not forget to instruct the young children in Indonesia.

"Pursue your dreams to the skies. Not buried thoughts and do not let your ideas slip by. It's OK to work in the company of people to generate income, but do not waste your youth. You have to start writing a 'book' of your own and come up with a plan for your own life. Do not be afraid to think for yourself. Do not be afraid that your ideas are not as good as other people, "Woz closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment